Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This evocative red-ground piece was woven in the Northwest coastal region of Turkey, most probably in the vicinity of Balikesir ... moreThis evocative red-ground piece was woven in the Northwest coastal region of Turkey, most probably in the vicinity of Balikesir. This area was inhabited by various nomadic Turkmen groups, some of whom were resettled there by the Ottoman authorities in the 16th century. Despite the square shape and geometric contours of this piece, the spacial articulation used here is a tribal weaver's rendition of the so-called "Bellini" type 'double key-hole' prayer rugs of the 16th and 17th centuries. Rectangular sections in the center top and bottom, articulated with thin green bands, stand in for the more curvilinear classical key-hole forms. Each is punctuated with a central latch-hook diamond. Elaborate corner-pieces recall an amalgam of the various vegetal and architectural forms found in classical 16th century renditions of this type. While these classical forms may not have been readily understood by the weaver of this piece, she has artistically improvised with four fantastic pointed cartouches denoting their significance with her own artistic take on the subject matter. A large diamond central medallion floats in the center of the field, and is composed of layers of latch-hooks. Here again, we see a tribal village weaver's artful reinterpretation of classical drawing. While this piece and its design predecessor are separated by social status and geography, their distance in date is a matter of speculation. less
- 4′6″ × 5′3″ and 1.0″ thick
- Early 18th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Unknown, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
- Place of Origin
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.