Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This exceptional carpet was woven in the Tarim Basin area of what is now the Chinese autonomous region of Xinjiang ... moreThis exceptional carpet was woven in the Tarim Basin area of what is now the Chinese autonomous region of Xinjiang, most probably in the vicinity of the ancient Silk Road city of Khotan. Weavings from the oasis cities of this region combine Chinese and local design elements and are often informed by models from further west in Central Asia and beyond. The open blue field of this piece is both visually moving and remarkably rare. Most Khotan carpets utilize a red field and are drawn with either a column of small medallions or allover floral and vegetal patterns. The small solitary rosette surrounded by a garland drawn in the center of this piece is a device more typically seen as part of an overall design. The colorful larger blossoms floating at the top and bottom portions of the field may be unprecedented. Latch hooks (or rams' horns) extending from the side of this piece are reminiscent of similar devices used to demarcate the sides of fields in rugs from Anatolia, the Caucasus and parts of Central Asia. While the Muslim Turkic speaking population of Khotan and the region at large may have been familiar with these models, they have changed them in a remarkable way. They have transformed random latch hooks into large, colorful, vegetal stalks culminating in pomegranate corner pieces of a type seen in the late 18th and 19th centuries almost exclusively in weavings from this particular region. The main border draws a variant popularized in Chinese weaving of the Kangxi era (1654-1722) though its coloration. This border, as well as the rosette guard stripes on either side, is purely local and could never be confused with anything emanating from imperial Ch'ing Dynasty (1644-1912) production. Areas of reweaving and reknotting. less
- 7′1″ × 12′5″ and 1.0″ thick
- Early 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.