Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
A pair of framed traditional reverse Chinese glass paintings of the Emperor & Empress of the Qing dynasty.
The Kangxi ... moreA pair of framed traditional reverse Chinese glass paintings of the Emperor & Empress of the Qing dynasty.
The Kangxi Emperor’s personal name was Xuanye. He was the forth emperor of the Qing dynasty (1644-1912) and the longest- reigning rulers in Chinese history. Empress Xiaochengren, also knows as Lady Heseri, was Kangxi Emperor’s first wife who married Kangxi in 1665. In their portraits both clothed in rich gold and blue silk robes and are sitting on the ornately carved Dragon Throne, the seat of state in “Hall of Supreme Harmony” in the Forbidden City. In an abstract sense, the Dragon Throne and the writings on the screen also refer to the head of state and to the monarchy itself.
Reverse glass painting was widely used during the Middle Ages throughout Europe for sacral paintings. The technique spread to Asia via trade routes in the 17th century and was initially executed by European missionaries at the Imperial Court of China. It later became very popular in export paint shops also reflecting Western subject matters. Best known today in the West as verre églomisé, it was named after the French decorator Jean-Baptiste Glomy (1711–86), who framed prints using glass that had been reverse-painted. less
- 14ʺW × 0.75ʺD × 20ʺH
- Late 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- In excellent vintage condition. In excellent vintage condition. less
- Place of Origin
- Art Subject
- Oil Paint Paintings
- Chinese Paintings
- Green Paintings
- Brown Paintings
- Blue Paintings
- Red Paintings
- Wood Paintings
- Asian Paintings
- Black Paintings
- Cerulean Paintings
- Cornflower Blue Paintings
- Paintings in San Francisco
- Sky Blue Paintings
- Baby Blue Paintings
- Brick Red Paintings
- Glass Paintings
- Gold Paintings
- Ink Blue Paintings
- Navy Blue Paintings
- Oxblood Red Paintings
- Royal Blue Paintings
- Ruby Red Paintings
- Tan Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.