Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
After being invited to submit a design for a work of art that would decorate the main entrance of the ...
moreAfter being invited to submit a design for a work of art that would decorate the main entrance of the NHS Redwoods Hospital, Cushing was selected among hundreds of artists as the winner. When designing the focal piece of this hospital, Cushing found it important that the artwork be reflective of the area and its residents. After conducting research at the nearby Shropshire Hills, Cushing created a stylized panoramic painting of the hills. Using the colors of the area’s yellow rapeseed fields and stormy skies as the basis of her work’s color palette, Cushing created an abstract representation of the landscape in glass.
Cushing has gained international acclaim for her large-scale, site-specific installations of handmade colored glass. After studying an eclectic array of disciplines at the Chelsea School of Art and Design in London, Cushing focused her attention on public art, specializing in architectural ceramics and glass. She currently creates custom glass installations for private and commercial spaces.
Each site-specific glass installation is developed considering its relationship with its environment. Color sequence is also fundamental to Cushing’s artistic process, as she is attuned to the strong emotions that colors evoke. Her suspended works weave color with mesmerizing effect, conveying a sense of energy, rhythm, and harmony. They hang with a sense of fragility, their slight movement adding an ethereal quality. Accents of precious metal gilding are used to catch and refract even more ambient light, adding a new dimension to the glass installations.
With extensive experience working in a variety of disciplines, Cushing has confidently crossed over to luxury product development. As the artist is available on a commission basis, custom works may be requested. less
- 197ʺW × 197ʺD × 165ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition Excellent condition less
- Amy Cushing
- Place of Origin
- United Kingdom
- Art Subject
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.