Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Gikkon Bakkon, the Japanese term for balance, is a unique sculpture by Jan Yoors, one of the most seminal textile ...
moreGikkon Bakkon, the Japanese term for balance, is a unique sculpture by Jan Yoors, one of the most seminal textile artists of the twentieth century. In 1975, the sculpture was exhibited at the artist’s retrospective in Ghent, Belgium. It was featured at his more recent retrospectives at the FeliXart Museum in Belgium (2012) and at the The Baker Museum in Florida (2015). In the past five years, Yoors has had close to a dozen solo exhibitions throughout Europe and the United States.
From 1938 to 1939, Yoors trained in sculpture at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp. There, he studied with Oscar Jespers, a sculptor known for his cubist style. Across his body of work, Yoors pursued the theme of the nude female body.
Yoors’ work can be found in the permanent collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Arts and Design, the Art Institute of Chicago, the Smithsonian Institution’s American Art Museum, the Archives of American Art, and the National Museum of African American History and Culture. His drawings, his tapestries, and his own fascinating personal history have been featured in various publications including Architectural Digest, Vogue, and Elle Décor. In 2015, in recognition of his importance as a historical figure and as an artist, Belgium issued a postage stamp of Yoors’ Yellow Tantra tapestry. less
- 40ʺW × 16ʺD × 30ʺH
- Ron Seff
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Art Subject
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.