PRESENTING a matching Pair of VERY RARE Early 19th Century Sterling Silver Russian Candlesticks from circa 1820.
The candlestick’s ... morePRESENTING a matching Pair of VERY RARE Early 19th Century Sterling Silver Russian Candlesticks from circa 1820.
The candlestick’s hallmarks are difficult to read (due to age) but we can identify the “84” Mark (Russian Silver Mark for 875), a makers mark of “C.T.” or possibly “G.T.” and a faint city mark which we are of the opinion is the mark for ‘St. Petersburg’. The base of each candlestick has a mark “I.F.O.” and a Number “2”.
The candlesticks are in SUPERB ORIGINAL CONDITION.
They have a beautiful ‘Georgian’ or ‘Regency’ style design about them. Beautiful chased fluting on all sides on a solid fluted base. The candleholders are removeable and they have the main hallmarks and the base has the “I.F.O.” mark. We have no doubt, that both the top and bases, are fully original to each other.
We can estimate the date of these candlesticks based on 3 reasons:- (1) The style and design and (2) From 1798 the 84 zolotniki became the minimum standard for Russian Silver, (3) It became common practice to mark the date on Russian Silver from the Mid-19th Century until it became compulsory in 1896 had to have the Imperial Mark and date on each piece. less
- 6.5ʺW × 6.5ʺD × 12.5ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent. One candlestick has a slightly uneven base. Minor warping to candle holders with age. Excellent. One candlestick has a slightly uneven base. Minor warping to candle holders with age. less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.