Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
WE HAVE PLEASURE TO PRESENT to you a Pair of Monumental Framed Italian 18th Century Painted Tapestries.
We are of ... moreWE HAVE PLEASURE TO PRESENT to you a Pair of Monumental Framed Italian 18th Century Painted Tapestries.
We are of the firm opinion that these tapestries were made and painted in Northern Italy in the latter half of the 18th Century. Probably in the region of Florence or Milan.
The first tapestry features a ‘Romeo & Juliet’ style scene, with the gentleman serenading the lady by playing a Mandolin (a classically Italian instrument) in a garden. Both are in more high-end period attire.
The second tapestry, features a more rustic type scene, with the gentleman again serenading the lady but this time with bottles of ‘chianti’ clearly involved, in a scene of merriment and harvest. Both are in period attire..but much more rustic in style.
They were obviously brought to Britain in the 18th Century as the Custom Made Mahogany frames are unmistakably ‘British Regency’ in style and construct. As the Regency Period spanned from circa 1800 to 1830 and the frames were obviously custom made then, the tapestries must predate this.
HIGHLY.... HIGHLY...... IMPORTANT AND EXTREMELY RARE AND FINE QUALITY FRAMED TAPESTRIES..from circa 1780.
You will NOT find another Pair like this ANYWHERE !!! less
- 60ʺW × 35ʺD × 120ʺH
- Late 18th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Some scuffing to the feet. One of two minor tears and repairs to the tapestries but not serious enough to ... moreSome scuffing to the feet. One of two minor tears and repairs to the tapestries but not serious enough to devalue the piece(s). less
More From This DealerView All
- Black Screens & Room Dividers
- Brown Screens & Room Dividers
- Dallas Screens & Room Dividers
- Fiber Screens & Room Dividers
- Folk Art Screens & Room Dividers
- Fresco Screens & Room Dividers
- Grand Tour Screens & Room Dividers
- Green Screens & Room Dividers
- Italian Screens & Room Dividers
- Mahogany Screens & Room Dividers
- Mediterranean Screens & Room Dividers
- Paint Screens & Room Dividers
- Portraiture Screens & Room Dividers
- Red Screens & Room Dividers
- Textile Screens & Room Dividers
- Traditional Screens & Room Dividers
- Tuscan Screens & Room Dividers
- Wood Screens & Room Dividers
- Yellow Screens & Room Dividers
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.