Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
A fantastic and rare ceramic charger by Eugenio Pattarino. Vibrant red color and Classic Italian Mid-Century style is represented very ...
moreA fantastic and rare ceramic charger by Eugenio Pattarino. Vibrant red color and Classic Italian Mid-Century style is represented very well in this piece. Eugenio Pattarino was born in 1885 and passed away in 1971. He was a master sculptor and model maker and taught in art schools in both Venice and Frankfort, Germany. In the late 1940s he opened his own studio in Florence. His factory used both “EPF” and “CAPEF” (Artistic Ceramics Professor Eugene Pattarino) to mark his pieces. His studio is best known for its large religious statutes, many of which reside in a number of churches in Italy and the U.S.
In the 1950s Pattarino had more than fifty artists working for him and some among them were considered the best ceramists in Italy. At this time Eugenio was joined by his son, Ranier, and the company began concentrating on more eclectic themes. These pieces, when new, were quite expensive when they were purchased but almost never garner anywhere near their original cost at today's auctions.
The factory claimed that the Vatican used Pattarino’s ceramics as gifts to famous visitors, including President John Kennedy, Andre Gide and Paul Sartre. Unfortunately there is no proof to back these claims. As a matter of fact I have discovered that the Pattarino name is almost generally unknown in Italy and even lesser known in Florence. His name is, however, recognized here in the United States and most of the factory’s output can be found in the U.S. where it was imported. In November 1966 the Arno River flooded its bank and inundated most of Florence. Work to restore damaged art is still in progress today. Pattarino’s factory was completely flooded and the master molds, drawings and models were damaged beyond repair or lost completely. As a result Eugenio retired and left the chore of rebuilding the company to his son, Ranier. The company never fully recovered and finally in 1989 EPF closed its doors. less
- 15.5ʺW × 15.5ʺD × 4ʺH
- Eugenio Pattarino
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- good vintage condition, no issues good vintage condition, no issues less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.