Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Artist Kathy Erteman creates ceramic vessels as meditations on elegant functionality while disregarding utility. Her work embodies the idea of ...
moreArtist Kathy Erteman creates ceramic vessels as meditations on elegant functionality while disregarding utility. Her work embodies the idea of nonfunction derived from function in a straightforward, clean manner. Erteman loves the simple, the direct, the pared down, the well-executed.
Erteman’s practice includes throwing clay on the wheel, often retaining the ridges of the method on the interior while smoothing the exterior for her glazing technique. She modifies a monoprint technique, placing rough volcanic glaze onto paper, applying the paper to the clay body. She uses varying thicknesses and densities to create the range of effects within her work. Erteman has usually worked with tightly thrown or molded vessel forms, so the monoprint images provide a foil to the precision.
Erteman has been working professionally with ceramics for over 40 years, beginning her career as an intern for Judy Chicago for the “Dinner Party.” Erteman has had extensive exhibitions throughout the United States as well as within the Taipei Museum of Fine Arts, China. She has served as a professor at Parsons School of Design and the State University of New York at New Paltz; she has also given lectures at the Brooklyn Museum of Art, the Bezalel Academy of Art in Jerusalem, and at the US Embassy for Tibet in China, where she was a Cultural Exchange Grant recipient. less
- 11ʺW × 10ʺD × 11.5ʺH
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good condition. Good condition. less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.