Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This Sideboard is one of a pair of "sister" cabinets, inspired by French Designers circa 1940’s, such as Paul Dupre-Lafon, ...
moreThis Sideboard is one of a pair of "sister" cabinets, inspired by French Designers circa 1940’s, such as Paul Dupre-Lafon, Jacques Adnet, and Maxime Old. The rare and irreplaceable old growth Brazilian Rosewood veneer was harvested in the mid 20th century and used for a project in Saudi Arabia that was fabricated by Walter P. Sauer. This notable high end furniture Manufacturer, also owned by Anthony Morris since 1987, has been in continuous operation in New York City under the Sauer name since 1886. The remaindered veneer, kept in storage for decades, waiting for a moment of inspiration that would best utilize the "spider" grain of this material, has been book-matched at the center, and slip-matched out from center to create a forest like pattern worthy of this exceptional species of wood. The interiors and all exposed surfaces are also veneered in the Rosewood, the base is inter-layered with hand crafted satin bronze sheet, and the custom pulls that pay homage to the work of Paul Dupré-Lafon, are also hand crafted in Bronze. The two rare "sister" cabinets, different only in the matching of the cut of the veneer that is "patterned" on the doors, are exceptionally well crafted, from the custom "in-house" veneer work to the fitting of the vintage Swedish "knife" pivot hinges in the top and bottom of the doors. Available as a pair (the second cabinet is posted separately), or for sale individually, these cabinets may also be purchased in limited production and made to order, in various woods that are currently available in the world market, and this design may also be customized in collaboration with the designer.
Design: ANTHONY MORRIS
Manufacture: Walter P. Sauer
Photography: Todd Weinstein Productions less
- 84ʺW × 18ʺD × 36ʺH
- 2000 - 2009
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This piece has lived as a gallery/showroom piece only, never used. The condition is extremely well maintained, and it has ... moreThis piece has lived as a gallery/showroom piece only, never used. The condition is extremely well maintained, and it has been cleaned and re-polished by the original manufacturer to as new condition. Note that the polishing and cleaning in the professional maintainance over the years provides a vintage feel and character in the patina appropriate to this distinctive mid-century design and material. The appearance of this classic piece of furniture has only been enhanced with age. less
- Art Deco
- Anthony Morris
- Anthony Morris
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.