Extraordinary museum-quality Eva Zeisel porcelain Museum service by Castleton. Complete seven-piece service for ten (cups and saucers counted separately) plus ... moreExtraordinary museum-quality Eva Zeisel porcelain Museum service by Castleton. Complete seven-piece service for ten (cups and saucers counted separately) plus five serving pieces. Purchased together by original owners from Black, Starr, and Gorham one of only three early distributors-- in New York City, circa 1947-1948, prior to the serial production roll-out in 1949. Every piece marked with the Castleton logo. Features ten tea cups with downward-tilting handles, per Zeisel's original design for MoMA, as exhibited in her 1946 exhibition there. Castleton quickly altered the angle upward toward customary usage without Zeisel's permission; consequently these teacups are extremely scarce. Set includes a coffee pot, creamer, open and closed vegetable dishes, along with ten each of: teacups, saucers, dinner plates, salad plates, cream soup bowls, fruit bowls, and bread plates. Inquire for checklist with measurements. A rare opportunity to own such a complete early set all from one source, with all pieces marked and the original design teacups. Still with several dozen fabric liners from Black, Starr and Gorhan. In remarkably good condition; all cups, bowls, and dishes fully intact with only minor surface wear consistent with age and light usage. A small re-glued chip to the open vegetable dish (see photo) an a possible professional repair to the lip and lid of the coffee pot. Provenance: The family of the original owners. Price is for the entire set. Measurements are of the coffee pot. less
- 7.5ʺW × 4.5ʺD × 10.5ʺH
- Eva Zeisel
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Condition Notes
- Remarkabley good condition on all cups, dishes, and bowls, with only minor superficial wear. A re-glued chip to an edge ... moreRemarkabley good condition on all cups, dishes, and bowls, with only minor superficial wear. A re-glued chip to an edge of the open vegetable dish (pictured) and a possible professional repair to the top and lid of the coffee pot. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.