Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
The Egyptian goddess Isis strikes a regal pose in this extraordinary group of bronze figures by famed French sculptor Émile-Louis ...
moreThe Egyptian goddess Isis strikes a regal pose in this extraordinary group of bronze figures by famed French sculptor Émile-Louis Picault, one of the most celebrated Orientalist sculptors of the 19th century. Renowned for his magnificent work celebrating allegorical, mythological and patriotic subjects, Picault's Egyptian-influenced works such as the present group are among his most desirable, bringing upwards of $114,000 at auction. This extraordinary group embodies the high level of detail and elaborate design for which Picault's work is so loved.
Seated on an Egyptian column and proudly clutching a scepter in the shape of Anubis, this beautifully modelled figure exemplifies the formidable beauty of the Egyptian deity. Her magnificently carved robes drape elegantly over her voluptuous figure, while a traditional headdress adorned by a vulture rests atop her head. She is joined by two attendants, a man and a woman, whose stances evoke the drama of ancient Egypt and the culture’s social hierarchy. Their intricately detailed costumes, from the ornate headdresses and complicated pleats to the jewelry and accessories, echo the contemporary romantic ideals of the Belle Époque and the obsession with Egyptian art and artifacts. less
- 5.25ʺW × 4.5ʺD × 16.5ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
- Place of Origin
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.