A classic 1870s large Japanese Shigaraki celadon glazed ceramic jar from the late Edo or early Meiji period. This exquisite ... moreA classic 1870s large Japanese Shigaraki celadon glazed ceramic jar from the late Edo or early Meiji period. This exquisite celadon glazed ceramic storage vessel was made in the Shigaraki kilns of Japan in the second half of the 19th century, during the late Edo or early Meiji period. Used as a storage vessel thanks to its great dimensions, this jar is also an amazing decorative item thanks to its two-colored glaze, white with deep celadon stripes. According to the Shigaraki kilns tradition, the glaze is irregular, giving the vessel a pleasant appeal. The belly adopts an uncommon and fancy shape, with a conical base and a tightened part in the middle. With its interesting shape and wonderful glaze, this large size Shigaraki jar would be an excellent decorative object in any home, placed on a mantel, tabletop or chest of drawers. less
- 16ʺW × 16ʺD × 29ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.