This product is no longer available.
This four-seat sofa (model GE 236/4) was designed by Hans Wegner for GETAMA in the 1950s and is composed ...
moreThis four-seat sofa (model GE 236/4) was designed by Hans Wegner for GETAMA in the 1950s and is composed of a solid oak slatted-back frame. The cushions in Kravet 'gun-metal gray' velvet are new, but retain the original springs with added foam for support, and the 'Ryghynde' fabric tags.
The GETAMA branding is present on the underside.
All the cushions have zippers, so future replacement of the upholstery while keeping the springs intact is easily accomplished. Additionally, the armrests are removable from the frame.
Since its inception in 1899, GETAMA was known as a mattress manufacturer. Keeping with the trend even after the company evolved into furniture manufacturing, comfort continued to be at the forefront of their design.
For example, within the cushions of this piece there are miniature box springs with the cushion support system comprised of linked metal strapping for maximum comfort and longevity (much like a well-made mattress).
Measures: Seat height 16". less
- 93ʺW × 29ʺD × 30.5ʺH
- Danish Modern
- Hans Wegner
- Place of Origin
- Excellent Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent. Upholstery and added foam are brand new; frame has been refinished. Excellent. Upholstery and added foam are brand new; frame has been refinished. less
- Seat Height
- 16.0 inches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.