Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Gilbert Rohde Art Deco Sofa and Coffee Table for Heywood Wakefield CA 1931, documented "Bat-Wing" Rohde design for Heywood - Wakefield ... moreGilbert Rohde Art Deco Sofa and Coffee Table for Heywood Wakefield CA 1931, documented "Bat-Wing" Rohde design for Heywood - Wakefield. See Chris Kennedy's early 90's publication for documentation. "OLD COLONY" H-W line, updated by Rohde around 1930. Solid maple construction. Joints & screw-caps, not unlike even earlier H-W models. Scroll arms with nougat centers. Serious early construction quality for Rohde, pre-mass produced H-M. Admittedly esoteric, it's obviously not what we normally offer, but if you are into early design by a master, it's a unique and rare American art deco precursor. The sofa is fixed-recline, with dual side - pocket magazine/newspaper holders, and later upholstery. Very early "streamline" two-tier signed coffee table. Dim's approximate. A serious Museum/collector set, please see matching chair /ottoman in another post. less
- 72ʺW × 32ʺD × 35ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition Excellent condition less
- Art Deco
- Gilbert Rohde
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Seat Height
- 18.0 inches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.