Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This very large, highly carved, wooden oval mirror is absolutely stunning. It's large motifs and dramatic flourishes to the acanthus ...
moreThis very large, highly carved, wooden oval mirror is absolutely stunning. It's large motifs and dramatic flourishes to the acanthus leaf carvings indicate it is a Baroque Revival piece, most likely carved in the Tuscany region of Italy during the 1800s. The original Baroque carving style of the late 1600's became popular throughout Europe, especially Italy, Germany, and the Netherlands. Due to this mirrors extreme size and time intensive detailed ornamentation, it may have been used as a showpiece by the cabinet shop that created it. It served as a representation of the firms skill in wood carving and design, and the cost of manufacture would have been substantial. Sometimes mirrors like this would have been paired with a matching console table. The deeply carved motifs of scrolling acanthus leaves, flowers, putti, mascarons, animals, and drapery swags are representative of motifs that would have also been used in a late 17th Century example. The putti and cherubs throughout represent literature and music. Animal mascarons symbolize protection.
Today, this extraordinarily beautiful, hand carved mirror can be placed over a console or left on its own upon a wall. It has recently been stripped and lightly bleached.
H=93 3/8, W=65 1/2, D=11 less
- 65.5ʺW × 11ʺD × 93.38ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- Very good condition with areas of small motifs missing. Some minor cracks and age separations, restorations. Recently stripped and bleached Very good condition with areas of small motifs missing. Some minor cracks and age separations, restorations. Recently stripped and bleached less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.